Optimal IdM’S Cloud Hosted VIS
With a cloud-hosted virtual identity server (VIS), you gain access to a single, real-time view of data from any store through a universal directory. This virtual directory creates an abstract view of the back-end data from various applications without altering it. It works for every major platform and can even boost performance through search caching and load balancing.
Also called a cloud virtual directory server (VDS), our virtual directory is the fastest, most comprehensive solution available and can help provide essential data for transportation and visualization while improving your directory’s infrastructure. A VDS is the most flexible and powerful component for administrative and operational improvements to your universal directory.
The Optimal IdM Virtual Directory the following benefits:
- Acts as a universal directory that provides a single, real-time view of identity data from multiple directories.
- Can be used to enhance directory infrastructure, providing key data transformation and virtualization needs.
- Allows multiple directories to be joined in real-time, without the need to duplicate LDAP objects.
- Makes Optimal IdM a one-stop-shop for both a complete Identity Access Management (IAM) platform and virtual directory services.
- Reduces costs by providing a scalability that continues to grow with an organization’s needs.
- Provides reporting to help meet audit and compliance initiatives.
Register for a Free Trial Today!
Interested in the features and benefits of Optimal IdM? Request a demo! Request Demo
When companies use multiple directories, user identification data can get scattered across these repositories, making it difficult to deploy enterprise applications to users. With a cloud VDS, you can see all the data from these separate directories in one place. Apps can connect to the VIS, just like another lightweight directory access protocol (LDAP). To the VIS, it looks like an active directory (AD) or active directory application mode (ADAM) server.
The multiple directories can join in real time without duplicating LDAP objects. A VIS merges the data from other LDAPs and structured query language (SQL) databases. Regardless of the source, the calling application will see the data as coming from one LDAP. A cloud-hosted universal directory makes it easy to see these different sources without any duplication. It also accesses sources directly.