According to Gartner, “Niche Players provide access management technology that are a good match for specific use cases. They may focus on specific industries or have a geographically limited footprint/ however, they can actually outperform many competitors.”
Optimal IdM is honored to be included in the Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Access Management, Worldwide. We believe our placement affirms our unique offering that goes beyond what other vendors in the space provide, namely the choice of having a non-shared environment. Or, in other words, a private, dedicated, secure, single tenant for the IAM space.
Optimal IdM solutions are highly customizable and offered as a fully managed service. Optimal IdM’s customization, innovation, and affordable monthly plans make it an ideal solution for growing organizations. Here are a few highlights of what to expect from Optimal IdM:
- Security – Our identity and access management software provides advanced security features, including multi-factor authentication and a private dedicated cloud, that minimizes your risk.
- Scalability – Our Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) offering gives you ultimate scalability so you can add and remove users if necessary.
- Savings – Pricing is designed with the customer in mind using a subscription model based on usage.
- Service – Managed services provide ultimate convenience. We do all installation, configuration, monitoring, updates and system maintenance for you.
- Speed – Fast and reliable installation with no syncing required.
- Stability – A guaranteed 99.9% uptimes reduces the worry about downtime getting in the way of operation.
“The Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Access Management, Worldwide focuses on vendors that deliver access management functionality to support all, not some, of the common use cases. Vendors covered in this Magic Quadrant provide solutions in software or hardware appliance form factors, or as a service to meet customer requirements for access control to applications and services on-premises or in private and public clouds.”
“Vendors evaluated in this Magic Quadrant come from distinctly different backgrounds. Their pedigrees vary greatly, as do their abilities to provide access management that can support all target systems that buyers have. The vendors’ aspirations for servicing customers by geography, industry and customer-size segmentation also vary.”
“This Magic Quadrant was produced in response to market conditions for access management, including the following trends:
- The access management market has evolved to better support more diversity in user authentication methods, contextual and more-intelligent adaptive access, mobile computing, and API target services. These feature sets continue to mature in 2018.
- Vendors that have developed access management as a service have risen in popularity. Gartner estimates that 75% or more of clients based in North America and approximately 50% in Europe, and some APAC region countries are seeking IDaaS delivery models for new access management
- Large established vendors and others that provided only traditional software and appliance- based access management solutions have moved to offer IDaaS delivery models as options for their access management ”
“Access management applies to technologies that use access control engines to provide centralized authentication, single sign-on (SSO), session management and authorization enforcement for target applications in multiple use cases (e.g., B2E, B2B and B2C). Target applications may have traditional web application architectures, native mobile architectures or hybrid architectures. Increasingly, target systems include APIs. Smart or constrained devices with or without human operators may be incorporated as well. Applications may run on the customers’ premises or in the cloud.”
“Access management tools may also include the following noncore functionality:
- Basic identity administration, such as self-service registration and user profile updates
- Password reset (a feature that’s nearly ubiquitous)
- Enterprise mobility management (EMM), which is not usually included
- Basic identity synchronization to a limited set of target systems
- Identity repository services to hold attributes used in access decisions”
Gartner, Inc., Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Access Management, Worldwide, Gregg Kreizman, June 2018
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Optimal IdM.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.