The Optimal Authentication Service permits the addition of Multi-Factor Authentication and can be fully integrated into The OptimalCloud. Tampa, FL, April 24, 2017 — Optimal IdM today announced the release of their authentication-as-a-service (AaaS) offering called Optimal Authentication Service™ (OAS). OAS is a hosted RESTful web service that provides customers with the ability to perform various types and levels of authentications including single and multi-factor. The service may be deployed in any data-center and is offered in a multi-tenant environment as well as in an isolated/dedicated environment. Because the service is available via industry standard REST calls, both web and non-web applications may easily add MFA capabilities. OAS is a multi-factor authentication (MFA) service that helps prevent phishing and man-in-the-middle attacks by delivering push notifications to a user’s registered mobile device which optionally works with fingerprint enabled systems. OAS includes other MFA options like Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) and traditional One-Time Passcodes (OTP) that can be sent via Short Message Service (SMS), Email or voice calls. Each can be used as a stand-alone option or in conjunction with a complete Identity Access and Management (IAM) program. When integrating with an existing system, you can leverage OTPs via SMS, Email or voice without storing any information about the user in the cloud service. When using TOTP or push notifications, only device information is stored, which reduces the amount of personal identifiable information that is needed. The service can also be used to access applications in a password-less method by sending a push notifications to a mobile device for logins. “The Optimal Authentication Service can easily integrate into your application using the RESTful call or by using our .NET SDK or jQuery plugin,” said Larry Aucoin, Managing Partner at Optimal IdM. He continued, “This service allows you to quickly and painlessly add MFA to your application and offer many different MFA options in doing so, including password-less options. It is also fully integrated into The OptimalCloud™.” The OptimalCloud is a complete Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) solution with delegated administration and workflow capabilities that can be customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. The OptimalCloud offers a private, secure and dedicated cloud which is essential for meeting corporate security and compliance restrictions. Further to that, The OptimalCloud’s built-in cloud reporting system provides real time historical audit record of all activity including detailed granular reporting which is stored in a dedicated private database. The OptimalCloud is billed as an affordable, flat monthly fee which fits with budgetary and approval requirements. Attendees of the Cloud Identity Summit from June 19-21 in Chicago will have the opportunity to see a product demonstration of OAS at the Optimal IdM booth. About Optimal IdM Optimal IdM is a global provider of innovative and affordable identity access management solutions. We partner with our clients to provide comprehensive, fully customizable enterprise level solutions that meet the specific security and scalability needs of their organizations. Customers include Fortune 1000 companies, as well as Federal, State and Local Government agencies all over the world. Founded in 2005, Optimal IdM is privately held and has been profitable in every quarter since inception. Visit www.optimalidm.com for more information. Media Inquiries Matt Pitchford +1 (317) 460-0250 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Active Directory The database in which all of your organization’s sensitive identity data is stored.
- Behavioral Biometrics
- Blockchain A digital ledger in which digital transactions are recorded chronologically and publicly.
- CIAM Securely managing customer identity and profile data, and controlling customer access to applications and services.
- Federated Identity The means of linking a person's electronic identity and attributes, stored across multiple distinct identity management systems.
- GDPR A legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the EU.
- Governance The policy-based centralized orchestration of user identity management and access control.
- IDaaS An authentication infrastructure that is built, hosted and managed by a third-party service provider.
- MFA A security system that requires more than one method of authentication from independent categories of credentials to verify the user's identity for a login or other transaction.
- Optimal IdM A global provider of innovative and affordable identity access management solutions.
- PAM Managing and auditing account and data access by privileged users.
- Security Tools and technologies for controlling user access to critical information within an organization.
- SSO An authentication process that allows a user to access multiple applications with one set of login credentials.
- zero trust