TAMPA, Fla., Sept. 23, 2015 — Optimal IdM will be showcasing their cloud federation and single sign-on solution, The OptimalCloud and talking about their upcoming release of Time-based One-time Password (TOTP) support in front of more than a thousand identity management representatives as a sponsor at the Global Identity Summit this week in Tampa, Florida. In addition to its cloud Identity as a Service (IDaaS) solution, Optimal IdM representatives will be highlighting the use cases for its on premise solutions such as its flagship product the Virtual Identity Server which is an LDAP Virtual Directory. TOTP is an algorithm that generates a one-time password based on a shared secret key and current time stamp that is the foundation of OATH and commonly used for two-factor authentication systems and cloud applications. Time-based one-time passwords are appealing because they provide a higher level of security, requiring a traditional static password and a TOTP which changes every 30 to 60 seconds, making it extremely resistant to attacks and security breaches. Optimal IdM, is currently in the process of building support for TOTP into its cloud federation and single sign-on solution, The OptimalCloud which has recently won several large contracts over competitors such as Okta, Ping and OneLogin. There are several key factors that consistently keep The OptimalCloud ahead of the competition. First, whereas most of the competition offers little beyond single sign-on, The OptimalCloud is a complete identity management solution with delegated administration and workflow capabilities that can be customized to meet the specific needs of its clients via Optimal IdM’s concierge, “zero-config” service. Secondly, The OptimalCloud offers a private, secure and dedicated cloud which is essential for meeting government and corporate security and compliance restrictions. Further to that, The OptimalCloud’s built-in cloud reporting system provides real time historical audit record of all activity including detailed granular reporting which is stored in a dedicated private database. Lastly, The OptimalCloud is billed as an affordable, flat monthly fee which is a perfect fit with government budgetary and approval requirements. About Optimal IdM Optimal IdM, LLC. is a leading global provider of innovative and affordable identity management software. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay area of Florida, Optimal IdM provides sales and services through regional offices across the United States and a growing network of resellers and distributors. Optimal IdM’s customers include Fortune 1000 companies, as well as Federal, State and Local Government agencies all over the world. Founded in 2005, Optimal IdM is privately held and has been profitable in every quarter since inception. Media Contact: Mike Brengs, Optimal IdM, (813) 425-6351, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Active Directory The database in which all of your organization’s sensitive identity data is stored.
- Blockchain A digital ledger in which digital transactions are recorded chronologically and publicly.
- CIAM Securely managing customer identity and profile data, and controlling customer access to applications and services.
- Federated Identity The means of linking a person's electronic identity and attributes, stored across multiple distinct identity management systems.
- GDPR A legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the EU.
- Governance The policy-based centralized orchestration of user identity management and access control.
- IDaaS An authentication infrastructure that is built, hosted and managed by a third-party service provider.
- MFA A security system that requires more than one method of authentication from independent categories of credentials to verify the user's identity for a login or other transaction.
- Optimal IdM A global provider of innovative and affordable identity access management solutions.
- PAM Managing and auditing account and data access by privileged users.
- Security Tools and technologies for controlling user access to critical information within an organization.
- SSO An authentication process that allows a user to access multiple applications with one set of login credentials.
- zero trust