When it comes to your business, the need for identity and access management (IAM) is unquestioned. You must protect the security of your business and your data from cyber attacks. The question is, do you generate those security protocols from within, or do you find an established IAM provider for your managed identity and access management solutions? We think you will find that professional IAM managed services are the clear choice.
Managed Services for Identity and Access Management vs. In-House IAM
While it is tempting to consider using your own internal processes for managing identity verification and access, there are some important reasons for not doing so, including:
– Cost-Effectiveness– A good identity and access management system requires regular maintenance. You could re-purpose current employees to handle IAM tasks, but that means you will have to take them away from their current duties — both to train them on identity and access management and to use that training when necessary. With managed identity and access management solutions, you only pay for the services you need when you need them, with no loss of employee work time.
– Efficiency– A strong managed IAM provider can get your identity and access management protocols up faster and working more efficiently than you are likely to get to on your own.
– Skills– Even if you divert valuable time and resources to training and/or hiring an in-house identity and access management team, they are unlikely to have the level of knowledge, skills and training that a quality managed IAM provider will have. A good managed IAM services company will have highly trained, experienced, qualified and certified personnel managing your system. There will be no need for you to bring on extra employees or give up the time and capital to train internal employees on IAM practices.
– Focus– Chances are you are not in the identity and access management business. Why not let identity and access management professionals focus on protecting your business while allowing you do to what you and your company do best?
– IP– If you train in-house employees on your identity and access management practices, when those employees move on, whether they are let go or choose to leave, your cybersecurity protocols go with them. You will have to completely rework your IAM system as well as rely on the good nature of that employee — who might not always be leaving on the best of terms. When you use a managed IAM service provider, your security data is always in the hands of a trusted source whose reputation for protecting companies’ information like yours is at stake.
– Compliance and Security Assurance– You choose to engage identity and access management protocols because of the great risk of losing valuable data or falling afoul of compliance issues. Without experience in dealing with these types of situations, you will have little recourse if something goes wrong. When you engage qualified managed services for identity and access management, the provider takes on the risk and much of the consequence if an issue crops up.
Optimal IdM for Managed Identity and Access Management Solutions
At Optimal IdM, we have a range of cloud-based award-winning identity and access management solutions. Our flexible framework brings you just the right IAM solution for your organization. Not only can we put a great system in place for your business, but we are also always available with concierge managed services to support your IAM solutions.
We can even handle the entire process of installation, configuration, monitoring, updates and system maintenance if you deem it necessary. For more information on engaging our services and how we can protect your business, contact Optimal IdM for a free trial today.