Enhancing the Authentication & Authorization of SharePoint
Virtual Identity Server for SharePoint extends SharePoint’s functionality to create a more secure, manageable environment.
Key features include single sign-on capabilities and the ability to access a single, real-time view of identity data from multiple data stores and locations.
SharePoint is the industry-leading business intelligence portal. It enables organizations to organize, share and collaborate information within a web portal environment.If deployed without the appropriate measures, however, administration of multi-forest SharePoint environments can quickly become a challenge. This leads to a mismanaged deployment with increased cost, complexity and security risks.
VIS for SharePoint enables organizations to effectively deploy and maintain SharePoint in a secure, manageable fashion, saving them time and greatly reducing the total cost of administration.
VIS for SharePoint is built on Optimal IdM’s flagship Virtual Identity Server platform. The Virtual Identity Server has been designed exclusively in .NET to leverage your existing investment in Microsoft infrastructure, while extending the capabilities of Active Directory and SharePoint.
Increased Security and Control
Meet Audit and Compliance Initiatives
More secure and effective multi-forest SharePoint environments mean an easier path to regulatory compliance. With VIS, you can:
- Achieve audit and compliance requirements quickly and easily
- Reduce security risks with automated processes that ensure permissions are correct and the least amount of access is granted.
- Leverage and extend the existing investment in the Microsoft platform.
Reduced IT Costs
By providing claims-based authentication for SharePoint, Virtual Identity Server increases the value of your existing Microsoft environment. VIS:
- leverages the existing investment in Microsoft technology, extending it with increased functionality.
- is developed in .NET technology and is designed to seamless integrate with your Microsoft environment.
- is a platform that continues to grow with an organization’s needs.
- has proven solutions for Microsoft applications such as SharePoint and MIIS/ILM
Eliminate Deployment Barriers
The Virtual Identity Server provides an enhanced application environment. VIS allows organizations to rapidly and easily deploy applications to users existing in multiple Active Directory forests or directories
- The VIS Schema Manager™ eliminates the need to extend the Active Directory schema for third party LDAP applications.
- VIS allows you to rapidly deploy applications to users existing in multiple Active Directory Forests without any forest trusts.
- VIS simplifies your identity management deployment by accessing data at its source directly.
- VIS provides multiple views of data, allowing for easy discreet application views of enterprise data.
SharePoint is a powerful collaboration tool, but there are many challenges with deploying and maintaining SharePoint.
Highlighted below are just a few of the common challenges that VIS for SharePoint solves quickly and easily.
Multi-forest/User Repository deployments
- Do your users exist in more than one LDAP directory or user repository?
- Do your have more than one AD forest?
- Do you want to deploy SharePoint across more than one forest without setting up a trust?
- Do you want to deploy SharePoint to both internal users and external users rapidly?
User, Group and Site Administration – Governance
- Is the administration of SharePoint overwhelming you?
- Are your AD administrators and SharePoint administrators fighting over administration?
- Do you lack a single point of administration for your SharePoint deployment?
- Do you have costly and time consuming manual processes for managing users, groups and permissions?
Audit, Compliance and Reporting
- Do users have the correct permissions and only the access they need?
- Do you have the proper audit and compliance reports for SharePoint?
- Have you failed an audit, or worried about failing an audit?
- Do you have compliance reports on access/usage of SharePoint?
Winner Best of Tech Ed 2013 (SharePoint)
Does VIS support Kerberos and/or NTLM/Negotiate authentications?
Yes, VIS supports Kerberos, NTLM and Negotiate as authentication options on both the listing side as well as the back-end connection sides.
Can I get a demo/evaluation version of VIS?
Yes. Please fill out a demo form with your contact information.
What data stores can the Virtual Identity Server connect to?
The Virtual Identity Server supports a number of data stores directly with out of the box adapters. Additionally, a customer or integrator can create adapters utilizing our built-in extensibility.
Is your product FIPS compliant?
Yes. Our software is running in both non-secure and secure government networks.